Friday, July 25, 2014

The Chronicled Chronicles



“A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say.” 
                                                              ~Italo Calvino~

   This is The Table of Contents.  It is a preeminent way of following the chaos of 2 years of writings, rants, and rambles of a lost soul who allowed whitewater to become his guide to help find his way home.  It is simple to follow.  The first section that I have written, titled "The Best of The Island Chronicles", are the pieces that I consider my best works.  Some are just one section of longer stories, so this may not be the best place to start if you are looking to follow along from the beginning.
   The second section, titled "The Rounds", is the story of the first 10 years of my whitewater life, including adventures throughout Western North Carolina.  Be warned, although the conclusion to this story has yet to be written, the final pieces to date are a tough pill to swallow.
   The third section, titled "The Weeks", are the weekly chronicles of my time spent on The Island in the spring and summer of 2013; and these pieces represent the heart and soul of The Island Chronicles, as well as the inspiration to everything that has been written since.  This section illustrates the earliest days of my practice in writing, and although a bit elementary in style and skill, the stories that were told have been my motivation in life everyday since..........it just took some time to discover my path back home.
   The fourth section is "The Haters Club", and this is where you will find the pieces of literature that have created an immense amount of Butt Hurt over the last two years.  There is no rhyme or reason to this section, with each piece representing a different topic that I enjoyed bitching about to make a point.  Yes people are called out, and no, I do not care.  For all the complaints and HATE received over the years about these pieces, this section certainly proved to be the most popular..............funny how that works.  
   The final section is titled "My Dirt Bag Adventures".  This section is a series of short stories about a few of the adventures that were had along the way.  These stories occurred in the timeline of events after both "The Weeks" and "The Rounds", and play no major part in the story being created in the long run.  To explain it simply......................these stories are not part of the book.
   I hope you enjoy whichever section you choose to follow.  Each contains a series of lessons that anyone can apply to their own world, no matter who you are or where you have been in life.  And by no means do I hold the TRUTH to anything.  I simply represent one human in the grand scheme of the world.  This is just my story, from my eyes.  Agree, disagree, love, hate, laugh, scoff..................no matter what reaction you choose, I hope that in the end you enjoy all that I offer here, as well as all that is about to come...........because at some point we must all finish what we started.  SYOTR


“That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.”
                                                                         ~F. Scott Fitzgerald~


"The Weeks" - Summer on The Island and Fall in West By God



"The Haters Club" - A Cornucopia of Short Stories and Opinions by Yours Truly

"I ate my SUP'r........and my words"
"I just got Life WALLACED"
"Yet Another Wave for RVA"
"You Will NOT Ignore This RVA"
"Butt Hurt Nation"
"Solo Boating..............Good for the soul"

"My Dirt Bag Adventures" - The Antics of a group of Misguided Paddling Bums 

"The Adventures of the Virginia Dirt Bags! (Part I)"
"The Adventures of the Virginia Dirt Bags! (Part II)"
"The Adventures of the Virginia Dirt Bags! (Part III)"
"The Adventures of the Virginia Dirt Bags! (Part IV)"

"Fear and Loathing in West By God (The Intro)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part I)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part II)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part III)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part IV)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part V)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part VI)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part VII)"
"Fear and Loathing in West By God (Part VIII)"

"The Exploration of Bishoff Farm" 
"Beyond The Knob"


“An idea can only become a reality once it is broken down into organized, actionable elements.”
                                                                                            ~Scott Belsky~