Wednesday, April 2, 2014

One More Wave for RVA..........................



“When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.”
                         ~Yevgeny Yevtushenko~



   I would like to quickly follow up on last weeks post concerning The Fat Bastard and our wild and wonderful RVA boating community.  In regards to the unfortunate incident that occurred, I have 100% confidence in our legal and justice systems concerning the matter, and trust that the system will produce fair and balanced results in the end................whoooh!  That was really difficult to get out, but I did it.  
   I would also like to thank everyone for the support they have given The IC in recent weeks.  I may not care if anyone reads it, but when you do and then encourage me through sincerity and support, it definitely makes a brother feel proud.  There are lots of haters out there, so it is always vitally important to back those who speak their minds no matter what the outcome may be.  I simply want to write and boat, and as always the choice is yours to follow and support the decisions I make in regards to what I write.  For those who do, I am grateful to you.  
   There is also the other crowd, most notably, The Bandwagon.  Recently I have been hearing a lot of talk about how the Bandwagon crew has gone out of its way to contact people in the paddling community and outside of it who are openly supportive of my writing and The IC.  They have asked that friends and acquaintances of mine not share information with me regarding the RVA boating community, that they not openly support the writing that I deliver, and that they basically think the same way as the rest of the Fourteenth Street followers......................seriously fella's?  That's what the communist do.  Maybe we should start referring to the Fourteenth Street takeout as the North Korea of whitewater.  You can all wear the same drab paddling gear, and be outcast if you communicate with the "outsiders"..................I mean, there already is a barbwire fence surrounding the parking lot.  You are pretty much half way there.
   The fact is, when you are doing something as pathetic and desperate as openly attempting censorship, it shows where The Island Chronicles stands in its influence on you and your community.  Perhaps if you didn't walk around playing pretend, only noticing the things you want to notice, and attempting to force the paddling community into a certain narrow minded viewpoint..................similar to the behaviors of The Fat Bastard over the years............you wouldn't have to sneak around attempting to silence me through individual manipulation.  I want to paddle and I want to write.  And I will continue to do exactly that.  My advice to those bowdlerizing peddling bandwagon groupies who are trying to play the omniscient role in the VA paddling scene is simple.......................go paddling, enjoy the rivah, and give it up.  You may as well accept it.  I'm not going anywhere, until I make the decision to do so.  


“And to those who would choose the safety of inaction over the danger of taking a stand, I have this to say:
You bloody cowards. May you have the world that you deserve.”
~Mira Grant~



See ya on the rivah.......................and that rivah is The James for the next month.   PEACE