Friday, May 24, 2013

Final Words on Last Weeks Flood Post

"He who does something at the head of one Regiment, will eclipse he who does nothing at the head of a hundred."
~Abraham Lincoln~

     It is good to get back to writing about The Island life and The James..........but first, a quick conclusion to last weeks controversial, yet bitterly truthful post.........Curt Autry gave his opinion and I will need to consider whether or not to post it here........I am waiting to hear a second response.  He thinks I am an asshole (Shocker!).....and he is right about the post he read, but then again, I am only an asshole about one topic and one group of people.......otherwise I am a nice guy.  Mr. Autry, you are an asshole about everything.  Enough said.
   I would also like to thank Cameron Hall.  You are a man of integrity and the only boater willing to publicly display your thoughts and to discuss the situation openly and honestly; for that I thank you and hope you were shown the respect you deserved.  We can all make a difference here if we can find a way to work together and believe in the idea of what a community should be.....especially one that needs to change its public image.  That is the message that was hopefully driven home in the end.  The longer we sit back and say, "I am just going to stay quiet and not get involved", the more chance there is to see the situation stay the same or escalate.  Finally, I am well aware of how ugly it was.  I knew it was ugly before I even posted it, so don't bother telling me.  At least I don't hide my actions.  

Now, back to The Island Life!