Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Writer's Block and Big Changes



"Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody."

                                                                     ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~


   The Island Chronicles took a little vacation, and from what I have heard the rumor mills have been flying.  I heard I was dead, in jail, even locked away in the crazy house forever..............yep.  All three of them in fact. All at the same time too.  It was crazy...........no pun intended.  Believe what you want.  I really don't care.
   In the meantime, I have been faced with a dilemma that has caused a case of writer's block.  It isn't that I lost the ability to write..............I haven't.  I have just lost the biggest driving passion I had.................anger.  I am not pissed off anymore.  It's strange.  How I came to not being pissed off will be told in Weeks 23 through 27, but the dilemma I face right now is what is important.  I keep asking myself one simple question.................How can I use The Island Chronicles and the story to drive and inspire people, instead of pissing them off?  The stories are at a pivotal point, both the story from the past and the story from the present, and the direction I go from here will define The Island Chronicles and how they are interpreted by all the readers.  There have been plenty of stories from West By God that will be told, but that isn't why people read this............at least not according to the numbers.  They read it to find out what really happened, and how a man ended up living out his days on An Island in the first place.  I wish it were a simple story to tell, but it isn't.  It is a story that a lot of people don't want told, and I have run into an even bigger problem than writer's block.  I have run into censorship.................but the threat that I am faced with isn't in a form that can be measured.  I'm being threatened with my children.  Writing this story is sure to only further separate me from my children and the eventual and obvious conclusion of this story............the day we are reunited.  That message was already sent to me loud and clear.  I kept saying that there is nothing that will detour me from finishing this story, no matter how hard it gets............but now I am facing the one thing that could stop me from writing it............losing all hope of ever being allowed to see Marlow and Quint.  It makes no sense to me.  They have nothing to do with this story and it does not hurt them in the least.  But yet they are somehow involved.  The truth is a lot for some people to swallow.  I know swallowing my truth was tough.  But sweeping things under the rug is no way to live.  Playing pretend doesn't help anyone.  And ignoring your problems will get you no where in the end.
   Like I said, I have a dilemma.  I need to finish this story.  I just have to figure out how..................


"There is a fine line between censorship and good taste and moral responsibility."
                                                                              ~Steven Spielberg~ 


That quote will make you say hmmmmm?...........see ya on the rivah.   PEACE